Resource Minds is an evidence-based mental health and well-being program which is uniquely tailored around the risk and safety factors affecting all workers, on any site.
Toolbox Talk Presentations
Resource Minds Toolbox Talk Presentations are designed to be integrated with existing OH&S programs on physical health and safety.
An integral part of the Resource Minds program is the suite of 13 Toolbox Talk Presentations, created specifically to be delivered on site over the duration of the entire program.
Each Toolbox Talk Presentation covers a topic relevant to mental health awareness, prevention, early intervention strategies and identifying pathways to help.
The first Toolbox Talk Presentation will be delivered by RRMH consultants during their first site visit, with subsequent Toolbox Talk Presentations being delivered by Presenters who have volunteered to take on this important role.
Each comes with its own topic-specific video and the Presenter’s Guide provides notes and additional information to assist the Presenters to deliver an informative Talk.
Depending on the site’s roster the Toolbox Talks Presentations can be delivered either fortnightly or monthly.
Short excerpt of the Toolbox Talk videos for FIFO rosters:
Short excerpt of the Toolbox Talk videos for DIDO/residential workplaces:
First site visit:
By RRMH consultants at the commencement of the program
- Mental Health for Leaders Training Workshop and Handbook for all participants
- Provision of 5 Toolbox Talk DVDs
- Training provided to on-site Toolbox Talk Presenters and Presenters Guide
- Delivery of the initial Toolbox Talk Presentation by Resource Minds consultants
- Passport to Mental Health in Mining, Resources and Remote Construction issued to everyone on site
- Mental health themed posters for display
- Distribution and administration of the Wellbeing and Lifestyle Survey
- Presenters and on-site management/supervisory staff – via email and phone
- Toolbox Talk Presentation delivered by a Resource Minds consultant
- Feedback from the results of the Wellbeing and Lifestyle Survey
“Gave me a decent understanding of where to get help if I ever needed it.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Breaking down the stigma and raising awareness, “an awakening” for me, and encouraging us to help ourselves.“Iron Ore Worker, WA
“Learning different aspects at every visit.”FIFO Worker, SA
“A fellow worker came to me about his family’s mental health issues and I was able to help.”Safety Co-ordinator, SA
“I really enjoyed the honesty and style of presentation.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Delivery is casual and easily accessible.”FIFO Worker, SA
“A tough subject made easier to talk about.”Underground Copper Miner, SA
“Everything was spot on, enjoying it every time.”FIFO Worker, SA
“It inspired me to think about new and innovative ways of raising awareness and preventing mental distress on remote worksites. Since then we have worked with the RRMH team and rolled-out targeted, comprehensive mental health programs which are delivered in an informative yet engaging and humorous manner.”Manager Health Services, WA
“Practical tools to use.”FIFO Worker, SA