People working in mining, resources and quarrying operations confront a wide range of challenges, including to their mental health and emotional well-being.
No one should feel alone
Isolation from family and friends, shift work, fly-in/fly-out and drive-in/drive-out rosters, relationship or financial stresses, job insecurity, misuse of alcohol and drugs, environmental extremes and dangerous workplaces can and do contribute to compromised mental health and, in extreme cases, suicide.
Resource Minds raises awareness and understanding, reduces stigma, helps people to recognise problems in themselves, family and workmates and encourages everyone to take responsibility for their own mental health by talking to someone and seeking help early.
Resource Minds provides specific support for managerial and supervisory staff who have the added responsibility for the health and wellbeing of their workforce.
The Rural and Remote Mental Health team ensure that the Resource Minds program is tailored to meet the individual needs and specific challenges faced by each company, work-site and location.
Resource Minds comprises:
- Mental Health for Leaders Training Workshop for supervisors, managers, OH&S /HR personnel, shift bosses and front-line responders. It is delivered at the commencement of the site-wide mental health program and is designed to provide more detailed information, strategies and support;
- A suite of 13 Toolbox Talks based on the evidence collected from the results of the RRMH’s Well-being and Lifestyle Survey. Each Toolbox Talk comes with its own videos, Presenters Guide and promotional material for your workforce.
- Training and ongoing support is provided to the designated Presenters;
- A range of collateral including:
- Resource Minds Promotional Brochure
- Mental Health for Leaders handbook
- Resource Minds Presenter’s Guide
- Resource Minds Passport to Mental Health (can be co-branded)
- On-boarding handbook (for new employees)
- Set of 13 Toolbox Talk including videos
- Range of mental health-themed posters
- Wallet cards
- Resource Minds Hard Hat Stress balls
“Everything was spot on, enjoying it every time.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Breaking down the stigma and raising awareness, “an awakening” for me, and encouraging us to help ourselves.“Iron Ore Worker, WA
“Learning different aspects at every visit.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Delivery is casual and easily accessible.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Gave me a decent understanding of where to get help if I ever needed it.”FIFO Worker, SA
“A tough subject made easier to talk about.”Underground Copper Miner, SA
“I really enjoyed the honesty and style of presentation.”FIFO Worker, SA
“Practical tools to use.”FIFO Worker, SA