On the road, building partnerships.
Rural Minds is a comprehensive program designed to raise awareness, grow understanding and ensures that the information is embedded into agricultural and farming communities.
Rural Minds is a comprehensive program designed for people living and working in rural Australia by people living and working in rural Australia.
The Rural Minds program can coordinate and deliver:
- Rural Minds One-Day Workshop
- Rural Minds Train-the-Facilitator Workshop
- Rural Minds for Resource Communities
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- SafeTALK training
- The Roadshow concept (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0xZgb9dF0)
- Other local prevention and support services
Delivered by community members, Rural Minds is convened at times and locations to suit your community.
Rural Minds builds partnerships and alliances to ensure the delivery of practical, culturally tailored programs, current partnerships:
- Partners In Recovery – Darling Downs and South West Queensland Consortia
- Coordinated Accommodation Support Programme – Richmond Fellowship Queensland
- Human Services Communication Support Initiative – Royal Flying Doctor Service
- South Burnett Suicide Prevention Group – Wesley LifeForce
- Chincihilla Helping Hands – Volunteer group
- Toowoomba Suicide Prevention Network – Wesley LifeForce
- Balonne Communities Suicide Prevention Network – Wesley LifeForce
“I would just like to send a big ‘thank you’ to Tim and Rural and Remote Mental Health for their generous support and recognition at the Working Dog and Stock Handling School. I feel that the uplift to my mental health has been huge, and I will highly recommend this training to everyone.”Working Dog and Stock Handling School participant Kingaroy
“Excellent course with very practical and positive outcomes.”Me & My Community participant Longreach
“Trainers were fantastic. Very informative and nothing was too hard for them. They made learning easier by breaking down the content to increase confidence, especially in the role plays.”
ASIST Participant Dalby
“Very practical training, supportive trainers give you the confidence to learn and apply the skills.”ASIST Participant Miles
I expected this workshop to challenge me – and it did: but I feel much more confident in dealing with a suicide situation now, thank you.ASIST Participant, Charleville
This training was very beneficial to me personally (confronting at times). I had to visit places and thoughts that I had not in the past. Highly recommendedASIST Participant, Charleville
Absolutely loved it!! Very relevant in both personal and professional!! Thank you so much!!ASIST Participant, Charleville
Thank you for the valuable workshop – I feel much more confident about my role as a suicide intervention caregiver.Rural Minds Participant, Charleville